Home

Quartz

Quartz countertops, technically known as “engineered quartz,” are man-made surfaces crafted by combining approximately 90% pulverized quartz with other minerals and pigments to create various colors and patterns. These surfaces are bonded with a robust polymer resin, often mimicking the appearance of white marble but with enhanced durability. Quartz has gained widespread popularity for several reasons:

Durability: Comparable to granite, quartz countertops exhibit high resistance to stains and scratches, with quartz being slightly harder than granite.

Water Resistance: Quartz kitchen countertops boast complete waterproofing and require no sealing.

Heat Resistance: While quartz countertops can be damaged by high heat, using hot pads or solid trivets beneath hot items mitigates this risk. The countertops are predominantly quartz (90%), with the remaining 10% composed of epoxy-type resins, which can burn or melt under extreme heat.

Low Maintenance: Due to their waterproof and stain-resistant properties, cleaning quartz countertops is a breeze, requiring only a mild cleanser.

Consistency: Unlike natural stone countertops, quartz maintains consistent color across slabs, ensuring that a sample reflects the final appearance upon installation. This uniformity simplifies the matching process for larger kitchen countertops.

Colors and Patterns: Manufactured in solid colors ideal for contemporary decor, quartz countertops also replicate the look of various natural stones, including marble, granite, soapstone, concrete, and more.

KEY FACTORS TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT

Simplifying the decision between granite, quartz, marble, and quartzite becomes clearer when you identify your priorities. Consider these three questions:

Stain, Scratch, or Etch Resistance: Evaluate your countertop needs—do you prioritize stain resistance, scratch resistance, or etching prevention? Granite excels in stain and scratch resistance, quartzite is better at resisting etching, while marble, with our 25-Year Sealer, resists stains but may still exhibit etching. Quartz countertops boast high resistance to all three: staining, etching, and scratching.

Budget for Remodel: Budget considerations play a role, with granite typically being the most economical and quartzite at the higher end. To manage costs, you can allocate your preferred countertop material to specific areas, like the kitchen, and opt for a complementary, more budget-friendly material for bathroom countertops.

Aesthetic Fit for Your Home: The pivotal question revolves around which material and color will complement your home best. Ultimately, all modern countertop surfaces, including marble, offer lasting durability with proper care.

Each countertop material comes with its own set of advantages and disadvantages, and the final decision rests in your hands. Regardless of whether you choose granite, quartz, marble, or quartzite, rest assured that your selection will result in a beautiful, long-lasting countertop that you and your family will appreciate for many years to come.

Our Partners:

Cambria_white-logo_image-asset
msi-logo_page-0001
0 +

20 Years of
Experience

In the digital age, cutting granite, quartz, and marble, along with fine cabinetry, still relies on years of hands-on expertise. Our skilled team ensures your project meets the highest standards.

Exotic
Stone
Specialists
0 +

100+ Clients
Annually

We serve 100+ clients each year, catering to residential, commercial, and hospitality needs. Whether budget-conscious or in search of a rare stone, we've got you covered.

No other company comes close to our degree of quality, service, project management, problem-solving, and warranties.
By hiring Carolina Kitchen Sync , you’re hiring an expert contractor who will keep working until the space of your dreams becomes a reality
Scroll to Top