Quartz

Quartz countertops, (technically, “engineered quartz”), are man-made, engineered surfaces. They contain about 90% pulverized quartz combined with other minerals and pigments to create different colors and patterns. Quartz is bonded together with a strong polymer resin and is often used to create the look of white marble while being more durable. Quartz has grown in popularity over the years and is now one of the most popular materials. Here are a few reasons why:

Durability: Like granite, quartz countertops are extremely resistant to stains and scratches. If fact, quartz countertops are actually a little harder than granite.

Water resistance: quartz kitchen countertops are completely waterproof and never need sealing.

Heat resistance: Quartz countertops can be damaged by high heat.  The countertops are about 90% quartz, but the remaining 10% is made with epoxy-type resins. These resins can burn or melt if something very hot, such as a hot frying pan, is placed directly on them. This can be solved by using hot pads or solid trivets underneath a hot pan, etc.

Low maintenance: Since quartz countertops are waterproof and resistant to staining, cleaning them is easy and only requires a mild cleanser.

Consistency: Unlike natural stone countertops, which varies in color from slab to slab, you can see a sample of quartz and know it will look the same when it’s installed because it’s man-made. This makes it easy to match all the pieces that may be needed for large kitchen countertops.

Colors and patterns: Quartz countertops are manufactured in solid colors, ideal for contemporary decor. They are also made to resemble all kinds of natural stone, including marble, granite, soapstone, concrete, and more.

POINTS TO CONSIDER

The choice between granite, quartz, marble, and quartzite is easier when you know your priorities. Here are three questions to answer:

Which is more important when using your countertops: stain resistance, scratch resistance, or etching? Granite provides better stain and scratch resistance than quartzite. Quartzite is better at resisting etching. Marble will resist stains if we use our 25 Year Sealer, but it can still exhibit etching from acidic foods and liquids. Quartz countertops have a high resistance to all three: staining, etching, and scratching.

What’s your budget for your kitchen remodel? Granite tends to be the least expensive, with quartzite at the top range. You can reduce the cost of your favorite countertop material by using it in one place, such as the kitchen, and choosing a complementary, less-costly material for your bathroom countertops.

Perhaps the most important question of all is: Which material and color will look best in my home? At the end of the day, all of today’s countertop surfaces, including marble, will last for decades with proper care.

Each type of countertop material has its own pros and cons, and ultimately the decision is yours. The best part about your choice, whether it’s granite, quartz, marble, or quartzite, is that no matter which one you pick, you’ll be installing a beautiful, durable countertop that you and your family will enjoy for many years.

Our Partners:

Cambria_white-logo_image-asset
msi-logo_page-0001
0 +

20 Years of
Experience

In the age of digital technology, cutting granite, quartz and marble, and making fine cabinetry, still requires years of hands-on experience, knowledge, and skill. Our granite and quartz fabricators, cabinet makers and tile installers will ensure your work is done to the highest standards

Exotic
Stone
Specialists
0 +

100+ Clients
Annually

We work with over 100 clients annually, including residential homeowners, commercial builders, restaurants, hotels and more. Whether you’re on a budget, or looking for a oneof-a-kind rare stone, we can help you find exactly what you need.

No other company comes close to our degree of quality, service, project management, problem-solving, and warranties.
By hiring Carolina Kitchen Sync , you’re hiring an expert contractor who will keep working until the space of your dreams becomes a reality
Scroll to Top